New Ulm Police
• Received a single-vehicle crash report with possible injuries one block north of Highland Avenue and Oak Street at 1:58 p.m. Dec. 29. A 1997 Lexus driven by Hannah Benson, 17, New Ulm, was southbound on Highland Avenue when it slid into a boulevard tree on snow and ice. Both front airbags deployed and vehicle damage was severe. Benson complained of left side body pain.
• Received a drunk/intoxicated person report at North Highland Avenue and Airport Road at 11:26 p.m. Dec. 29. A man was transported to a safe place. No other information was available.
• Received a report of a two-car collision at 2 p.m. Saturday in the 1500 block of North Minnesota St. Neil Jon Herzog, 57, of 1620 N. Broadway was northbound on Minnesota Street in a 2002 Dodge Caravan. Eythan Randall Braulick, 19, of 1008 S. Jefferson St. was following him in a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. Herzog stopped in the road to drop off a passenger, and Braulick slid on the snow-packed road into the rear of Herzog’s car. There were no injuries. There was minor damage to the rear of Herzog’s car, and moderate damage to the front of Braulick’s car.
Redwood County Sheriff
• Received a two-vehicle crash with injuries at CSAH 6 and 310th St. at 10:14 p.m. Dec. 29. A 2007 Chevrolet Equinox driven by Conner Bottger, 19, Walnut Grove, was northbound on CSAH 6 behind a 2007 International semi tractor driven by Ryan Behrendt, 38, Redwood Falls, when the semi tried to turn left to go west on 310th when the Chevy ran into the back of the semi trailer. Bottger had minor injuries and had no ambulance transport. The Chevy was demolished.
Minnesota State Patrol
• Received a two-vehicle crash report with non-life threatening injuries at Highway 169/60 and CR 90 in South Bend Township, Blue Earth County at 4:59 p.m. Dec. 29. A 2001 Ford pickup driven by Christiaan H. Durand, 40, Mankato, and a 2005 Chevy Impala driven by Tehya W. Mays, 18, Madelia, were southbound passing over CR 90 when the Ford lost control, hit the Chevy and both vehicles entered the center median. Both vehicles were towed from the scene. Durand was not injured. Mays was transported to Mayo Clinic Health System, Mankato. Both drivers wore seat belts. Alcohol was not involved.
• Received a one-vehicle crash report with injuries on Highway 169, Lake Prairie Township, Nicollet County at 12:07 p.m. Dec. 30. A 2007 Nissan Sentra driven by Marketa T. Coney, 18, Brooklyn Park, was southbound on Highway 169 when it lost control, crossed the highway, hit a tree and spun around. Coney and a passenger, Karlton C. Gregory, 19, Minneapolis, were transported to a Mankato hospital with non-life threatening injuries. They wore seat belts. Another passenger, Shawnshay T. Harrison, 18, Minneapolis, was flown to St. Mary’s Hospital, Rochester with life-threatening injuries. It was not known if she wore at seat belt. Alcohol was not involved.