• Received a two-vehicle crash report with injuries at the intersection of CR 21 and CR 11, in Crooks Township, about 3 miles north of Renville Dec. 4. A 2011 GMC Acadia driven by Nicole Hoberg, 24, Renville, was eastbound on CR 11 when it collided with a 2000 Chevy Silverado driven by Gregory Kopel, 73, Renville, who was northbound on CR 21 and failed to stop for a stop sign. Weather may have been a contributing factor. Both drivers were transported to the Renville County Hospital and Clinics for non-life-threatening injuries by Renville Ambulance Service. Renville Police, Fire & Rescue assisted.
New Ulm Police
• Received a two-vehicle crash report without injuries at Broadway and 7th North Street in slushy conditions at 11:10 a.m. Dec. 5. A 2011 Ford Escape driven by Jamie L. Schumacher, 16, Courtland, was stopped in the left turn lane on Broadway at 7th St. N. when it was hit by a 2014 Buick Enclave driven by Roseann M. Haseleau, 57, Springfield, who braked and skidded before the collision. Damage was minor to both vehicles. Both drivers wore seat belts.
• Received a two-vehicle crash report without injuries at Broadway and 5th North Street at 7:29 a.m. Dec. 5. A 2001 Oldsmobile driven by Lyle R. Erickson, 45, Lewisville, was northbound on Broadway, waiting in the left turn lane when a 1999 Chrysler driven by Hayley F. Vanderlouw, 17, New Ulm entered the turn lane, braked and slid into the rear of the Olds. There was no noticeable damage to the Chrysler and minor to the rear of the Olds. Both drivers wore seat belts.
• Received a scam/fraud report from an apartment at 15th St. S. at 3:14 p.m. Dec. 4. A phone caller claiming to be from Publisher’s Clearinghouse asked for a $498 payment.
• Received a disturbance report at 1915 N. Spring St. at 6:21 p.m. Dec. 4. A man was arrested and taken to jail where he is being held on pending assault and disorderly conduct charges.
• Received a theft report at 3 Somsen St. at 9:09 a.m. Dec. 5. Tools from a work truck at North Central International were reported stolen. An estimate of the value of the tools was not available.