MBW Co. celebrates employee ownership month
NEW ULM — This October, MBW Company along with The ESOP Association and the employee ownership community, will be celebrating Employee Ownership Month, which is a tribute to the spirit of employee ownership.
Employee Ownership Month is an opportunity for ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) companies across the U.S. to educate employee owners and the public about the tremen- dous benefits of ESOPs. Companies celebrate with picnics for employee owners, roundtable discussions with local public officials, and award ceremonies to honor outstanding employ- ee owners.
“Employee ownership is the heart of the MBW Company organization and drives us to excel in supporting the individuals we serve as well as to achieve a direct connection between ownership and quality supports.” commented Ric Nelson, President & CEO. “We are proud to be an ESOP company and strongly believe in the power of employee ownership and how it naturally supports our mission of enriching the quality of life for individuals who need supports to in the community.”
MBW Company has weekly planned activities during the month of October to further foster employee ownership culture and comradery within the MBW Company organization.
Employee Ownership Facts:
• There are approximately 10,000 ESOPs in place in the U.S., covering 10 million employees.
• Total assets owned by U.S. ESOPs are estimated to be $869 billion.
• The Economic Performance Survey conducted by the Employee Ownership Foundation in 2014 found that:
• 70 percent indicated revenue increased; 30 percent indicated revenue decreased
• 64 percent indicated profitability increased; 36 percent indicated profitability decreased
• 64 percent of companies have created an ESOP education program or ESOP advisory committee since establishing the ESOP
Founded in 1978, MBW company is a 100 percent employee-owned “S” Corporation that provides individualized supports for people to achieve or retain independence in the community.