Auction provides 4-Hers a reward for their efforts

NEW ULM–The 2018 Brown County 4-H Livestock Auction had a strong showing Friday afternoon.

A total of 82 animals were put up for auction by the 4-H members. Beef had most entries on the block with 18 beef cows up for bid. The final bidding price on the beef cattle ranged between $225 and $750. The average average winning bid for a beef cow was $386. The Richert family, Samantha, Noah and Logan each sold a cow for $750.

The Dairy auction was the next largest with 12 dairy cow up for bid. The final bid range was between $200 and $500. The average final bid was $400. Alex Schroeder, Sophia Portner and Rachel Portner each sold a dairy cow at $500.

The sheep auction sold 16 sheep at an average of $328. The lowest final bid was $225 and the highest was bid of $500 for sheep shown by Tyson Meidl.

The Swine auction netted a total of $4,225 is sales. The going price for was swine was between $125 and $475. Emma Schieffert sold a pig at $475.

In the rabbit auction, nine animals were sold at average price of $151. Cindy Jensen and Allison Jensen had the highest bid on rabbits at $200.

In the poultry auction, birds sold for average of $197. Piper Mangen sold a duck for the high bid of $250.

The Market Goat auction had three animals up for bid going for $200, $225 and $250. McKenzie Cselovszki showed the $250 goat.

The majority of the money raised (80 percent) from the auction goes back to the individual 4-H members showing the animals. The remaining 20 percent goes to 4-H program as a whole.

COMMENTS

0 0items

Your shopping cart is empty.

Items/Products added to Cart will show here.