Public Notice, March 5, 2019
(February 19, 26, March 5, 12, 19, 26, 2019)
NOTICE OF MORTGAGE FORECLOSURE SALE
THE RIGHT TO VERIFICATION OF THE DEBT AND IDENTITY OF THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR WITHIN THE TIME PROVIDED BY LAW IS NOT AFFECTED BY THIS ACTION.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that default has occurred in conditions of the following described mortgage:
DATE OF MORTGAGE:
December 16, 2016
MORTGAGOR: Wesley Griffin and Jean A. Griffin, husband and wife.
MORTGAGEE: Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc. as nominee for Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation.
DATE AND PLACE OF RECORDING:
Recorded December 20, 2016 Brown County Recorder, Document No. 409581.
ASSIGNMENTS OF MORTGAGE: Assigned to: Lakeview Loan Servicing, LLC . Dated December 14, 2018 Recorded December 26, 2018, as Document No. A418742.
TRANSACTION AGENT: Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc.
TRANSACTION AGENT’S MORTGAGE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER ON MORTGAGE: 100392411201465625
LENDER OR BROKER AND MORTGAGE ORIGINATOR STATED ON MORTGAGE: Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE SERVICER: M&T Bank
MORTGAGED PROPERTY ADDRESS: 1001 Franklin St N, New Ulm, MN 56073
TAX PARCEL I.D. #: 001.001.152.01.010
LEGAL DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY:
Front half of Lot 1, Block 152, North of Center Street, City of New Ulm
COUNTY IN WHICH PROPERTY IS LOCATED:
ORIGINAL PRINCIPAL AMOUNT OF MORTGAGE: $137,728.00
AMOUNT DUE AND CLAIMED TO BE DUE AS OF DATE OF NOTICE, INCLUDING TAXES, IF ANY, PAID BY MORTGAGEE:
That prior to the commencement of this mortgage foreclosure proceeding Mortgagee/Assignee of Mortgagee complied with all notice requirements as required by statute; That no action or proceeding has been instituted at law or otherwise to recover the debt secured by said mortgage, or any part thereof;
PURSUANT to the power of sale contained in said mortgage, the above described property will be sold by the Sheriff of said county as follows:
DATE AND TIME OF SALE: April 18, 2019 at 10:00 AM
PLACE OF SALE:
Front Door of the Brown County Sheriff’s Office, Washington Street Side, New Ulm, MN
to pay the debt then secured by said Mortgage, and taxes, if any, on said premises, and the costs and disbursements, including attorneys’ fees allowed by law subject to redemption within six (6) months from the date of said sale by the mortgagor(s), their personal representatives or assigns unless reduced to Five (5) weeks under MN Stat. 580.07.
TIME AND DATE TO VACATE PROPERTY: If the real estate is an owner-occupied, single-family dwelling, unless otherwise provided by law, the date on or before which the mortgagor(s) must vacate the property if the mortgage is not reinstated under section 580.30 or the property is not redeemed under section 580.23 is 11:59 p.m. on October 18, 2019, unless that date falls on a weekend or legal holiday, in which case it is the next weekday, and unless the redemption period is reduced to 5 weeks under MN Stat. Secs. 580.07 or 582.032.
MORTGAGOR(S) RELEASED FROM FINANCIAL OBLIGATION ON MORTGAGE: None
“THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGOR, THE MORTGAGOR’S PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS, MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.”
Dated: February 8, 2019
Lakeview Loan Servicing, LLC
Mortgagee/Assignee of Mortgagee
USSET, WEINGARDEN AND LIEBO, P.L.L.P.
Attorneys for Mortgagee/Assignee of Mortgagee
4500 Park Glen Road #300
Minneapolis, MN 55416
37 – 18-009887 FC
THIS IS A COMMUNICATION FROM A DEBT COLLECTOR.
(March 5, 12 2019)
Notice of Public Hearing
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the City Council of the City of New Ulm, Brown County, Minnesota will meet in the Council Chambers in the New Ulm City Hall on Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. to consider ordering in the following improvements, except item 5 which has previously been approved to be made, to-wit:
2019 Utility, Street and Alley Improvements – Group I
1. Front Street from 7th South Street to 13th South Street – Reconstruction of the existing water main, sanitary sewer main, sewer and water end services, and reconstruction of the existing roadway section including excavation and replacement of subgrade, aggregate base, bituminous paving, pavement subdrains, storm sewer modification and inlet structure reconstruction, concrete curb and gutter, pedestrian sidewalk ramps, concrete sidewalk infill, street lighting and selective replacement of concrete driveway pavement and sidewalk.
2. Second South Street from Broadway to Washington Street – Reconstruction of the existing water main, sanitary sewer main, sewer and water end services, and reconstruction of the existing roadway section including excavation and replacement of subgrade, aggregate base, bituminous paving, concrete curb and gutter, concrete driveway pavement, pedestrian sidewalk ramps, and selective replacement of concrete sidewalk.
3. Spring Street from 20th North Street to 21st North Street in the Prairie Land First Addition – Grading, aggregate base, bituminous base, concrete curb and gutter, concrete sidewalk, concrete driveway pavement, bituminous surfacing, boulevard trees, boulevard restoration and street lighting.
4. Spring Street from 19th North Street to 20th North Street – Grading, aggregate base, concrete curb and gutter, bituminous surfacing, concrete sidewalk, concrete driveway pavement, boulevard restoration and street lighting.
5. Alley Block 136 North of Center Street – Grading, aggregate base, bituminous surfacing, seven inch (7″) concrete alley approach pavement, storm sewer, miscellaneous removals and restoration necessary to construct a residential alley pavement section (improvement petitioned).
6. National Guard Armory and FMS – Storm sewer extension from North Highland Avenue to the MNARNG site.
7. Schell’s Road – Reconstruction/ stabilization of a portion of Schell’s Road.
8. Concrete Sidewalk and ADA Improvements – NOTE: This work is to compliment the improvements scheduled within the 2019 Surface Reconstruction Project by reconstructing pedestrian sidewalk ramps to meet current ADA requirements.
pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Sections 429.011 to 429.111. The area proposed to be assessed for such improvments is each lot, piece and parcel of property specially benefited by said improvements. A reasonable estimate of the impact of the assessment will be available at the hearing. The total estimated cost of the 2019 UTILITY, STREET AND ALLEY IMPROVEMENTS – GROUP I project is $4,105,124.00. Such persons as desired to be heard with reference to the proposed improvements will be heard at this meeting.
BY ORDER OF THE CITY COUNCIL
Nicole L. Jorgensen
Dated at New Ulm, Minnesota This 5th day of February 2019.